Taking chances...
I took a chance on some newer anime (only available to me on fansubs). The first, which I will refrain from passing judgement on having only seen the first episode is
Rakugo Tennyo Oyui. From what I gather so far it's about a group of magical girls in the Edo period who are replaced by girls from our time; the main focus being on the life of an aspiring rakugo performer (Yui). It has some comedy and seems to be attempting some intrigue in the first episode, but just seems, well....average. A few more eps should pan it out for me.
The other, which I am inspired by, is
Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl). I first heard of it in
Anime Insider magazine and it was hard to find, but well worth the search. I own
Vampire Princess Miyu, and this series looks to be similar yet surpassing the essence of that one.

There is a website (Hell Communication) where, at the stroke of midnite, you can request revenge on someone and it will come to pass. Of course your soul is also at stake, for when
you die, you'll be sent to hell as well. The Jigoku Shoujo will lead the way with the help of some others.

Note: The images used are either from the manga or the ending portion of the anime...
Click on the date/time thingy of this post to comment!!
0 comments