Read a book!
I've been getting books from the local library on anime and spend most of my break time at work reading them. Currently I finished (a little while back)
Anime Explosion! by Patrick Drazen.

1

I found this book to be very helpful in understanding cultural differences between western and Japanese references within the anime that I watch. I highly recommend it to the newly initiated! Some parts of the book were dry, but overall I came away with an enlightened feeling of intelligence. Knowledge is power! The biggest understanding I received from the book is a Japanese view on what happens to you after death, which explained alot of things that I had seen in anime such as sacrifice and suffering.
Here is one of the better reviews on the book. I probably won't buy the book; it should be at your local library!
Click on the date/time thingy of this post to comment!!
0 comments