<$BlogRSDURL$>
Addicted To Anime
Thursday, June 23, 2005
  Kiseki no Umi (Sea of Miracles)...
is the opening song to Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. It is a very haunting tune and very beautiful, as are most of Yoko Kanno's inspirations. I want to dedicate this song to a very misguided individual who will remain nameless. It's very funny that the very person who exhorted me to open my mind to new ideas in my other blog (now since deleted), has coded any attempt by my computer to go to his blog to open this blog instead. Sure, I am now officially a lurker on those blogs that I used to input to. But I still value their posts and wish to visit them from time to time. At least I did until this happened. I guess I'll just stick to Fox like the good stereotype I am. What's next, a virus?

Anyway, I have no ill will toward my former associate and hereby dedicate this song to him.

yami no yozora ga futari wakatsu no wa
yobi au kokoro hadaka ni suru tame
kazari nugi sute subete na kusu toki
nanika ga mieru

kaze yo watashi wa tachi mukau
yukou kuru shimi no umi he to

kimi wo shinjiteru yorokobi
arashi wa ai ni kizuku tame ni fuiteru


The dark night sky above
Exists to expose our hearts as
They call out to each other
When the two of us are apart.
Throw off those useless trappings
Some things can only be seen
When you've lost everything.

Oh, wind
I rise and turn to face you
Now, let's go
To the sea of torment ahead

It's my joy
To be able to believe in you
This storm blows
To remind us both of the love
That we share. (you know who, strike the last line.)

Granted this song is for a love that transends worldly worries, but taken in another context it can be found to mean simple loyalty and understanding; things that should be striven for as opposed to denial, rejection, and prohibition.

SUre, I was upset at first by my discovery (hence this post), but I can grow from my experiences; I hope others are not too old to do so as well.

Here's a link to an AVI of the series opener.


Record of Lodoss War Posted by Hello

BTW, the full version of the song asks these questions:

nani o motomete dare mo arasou no?
nagashita chishio hana o sakaseru no?

What do you want and who will you fight for it?
Will you force flowers to shed blood to bloom?
  0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


It beats drugs, booze and that thing that starts with a "p"! (I mean politics, of course. What did ya think I meant!?!)

PROFILE

NEW! Top ten titles I've seen!

01) Top wo Nerae 2 (Diebuster)
02) Ghost In The Shell (all)
03) Martian Successor Nadesico (all)
04) Neon Genesis Evangelion (all)
05) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (coming soon to the US!)
06) Vampire Princess Miyu (TV)
07) Cowboy Bebop
08) NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK!)
09) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
10) Innocent Venus

CLICK the Date/Time under a post to COMMENT!

ARCHIVES
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
September 2007
November 2007
August 2009


LINKS
HOME!
My Anime Collection! (on ANN)
Anime On DVD
Ani-Pock.net (Anime to watch!)
Ani-Pocky Blog!!
Anime News Network (ANN)
Otaku Fridge!
AnimeNfo
Gendou.com (Music!)


FORUMS
Ani-Pocky Forums
ANN Forums
Otaku Fridge Board (OB)
AnimeNfo Forums
Gendou.com Forums
AnimeMusicVideos.org



USEFUL and FUN!
Japanese Language App!
Nanaca Crash!
AnimeTempy Journal
Blog Template



Powered by Blogger