Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion lives up to all the hype that I have heard on it. The Character developement (especially at the end) is quite refreshing. I certainly just wanted to smack Shinji around on several occasions.
What struck me as very odd was the (to most fans) disappointing ending (of the TV version). Rumor has it that the director was limited by shrinking budgets and possible censor problems. I have no doubt that an alternate ending was intended just from the animatic scenes used for the preview segments fo the last two episodes (at least for the ADV DVD release).
I have geared up to watch the two movie set of
Death & Rebirth and
End of Evangelion. Hopefully the director's true vision was finally realized. I do have to admit that I was not disappointed with the TV end; but my view is tainted by the knowledge of the new ending.

Evangelion
0 comments