<$BlogRSDURL$>
Addicted To Anime
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
  Evangelion...
I have completed the fourth disk in the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition series. It end at the episode entitled The Fourth Child. What I want to say about this series is that it struck me as the most human of the anime that I've seen so far. I can relate to the characters so much more in this series than, say, Kaleido Star or even Vampire Princess Miyu (I know, I know it sounds odd, but i'm struggling with semantics here!).

This is the genius of anime. From an American viewpoint, you take the best soap operam or TV drama you can find. Now animate it. Then take the best of Science Fiction elements and intertwine them with the story, and there you have it. I think i have come close to expresing why I enjoy anime so much by just describing what it is like to me.

I recommned this series; if you can't wait the first release (8 DVDs in a boxed set) are available or you can get the first four of the Platinum set and wait out the rest as I am doing. Both are distributed by ADV Films. Here is the site from Japan.
  0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


It beats drugs, booze and that thing that starts with a "p"! (I mean politics, of course. What did ya think I meant!?!)

PROFILE

NEW! Top ten titles I've seen!

01) Top wo Nerae 2 (Diebuster)
02) Ghost In The Shell (all)
03) Martian Successor Nadesico (all)
04) Neon Genesis Evangelion (all)
05) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (coming soon to the US!)
06) Vampire Princess Miyu (TV)
07) Cowboy Bebop
08) NHK ni Youkoso! (Welcome to the NHK!)
09) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
10) Innocent Venus

CLICK the Date/Time under a post to COMMENT!

ARCHIVES
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
May 2007
September 2007
November 2007
August 2009


LINKS
HOME!
My Anime Collection! (on ANN)
Anime On DVD
Ani-Pock.net (Anime to watch!)
Ani-Pocky Blog!!
Anime News Network (ANN)
Otaku Fridge!
AnimeNfo
Gendou.com (Music!)


FORUMS
Ani-Pocky Forums
ANN Forums
Otaku Fridge Board (OB)
AnimeNfo Forums
Gendou.com Forums
AnimeMusicVideos.org



USEFUL and FUN!
Japanese Language App!
Nanaca Crash!
AnimeTempy Journal
Blog Template



Powered by Blogger