What In The Heck?!
Here's a little experiment in my real true vice - my anime addiction. I have lived off and on in Japan for nine years and have been fascinated with Japanese culture.
For the unknowing, anime is all animated movies, video and TV shows from Japan. Yu-Gi-Oh is anime; Teen Titans is not (but it's modelled around it!). If it's not from Japan, it's not anime.
There are several anime shows you may be somewhat familiar with from growing up, like Speed Racer and Marine Boy. Discussion of anime on American TV will be a future post.
Besides fitting the normal genres, there are different categories of anime and special types of anime (another future post). Examples are (categories) like Fanservice & Shoujo anime and (types) like Giant Robot anime and Magical Girl anime.
I plan to put a background to this blog with the current wallpaper on my desktop.
What can I say, it's an addiction...
3 comments